PCA SKIN PEELS
Fresh, healthy glowing skin can be yours with New Look’s Houston chemical peels! Formulated for all skin types and skin conditions, PCA SKIN corrective peels are a quick and effective way to rejuvenate your skin. Through light, non-invasive treatments, PCA peels dramatically correct many skin concerns without the discomfort and downtime that can be associated with other traditional facial peels. The results are softer, smoother skin for a beautiful complexion and rejuvenated appearance.
New Look’s Houston chemical peels using PCA SKIN are formulated to gently stimulate, firm and tighten skin by exfoliating dead skin cells and help healthy skin cells rise to the surface. These treatments allow deeper layers of fresh and untouched skin to be revealed. Even after your first treatment with our Houston facial rejuvenation, you will notice a marked improvement in the condition of your skin.
PCA Chemical Peel
- Customized peel to address your specific concern. Whether it be Anti-aging, Acne, Pigmentation or Sensitive skin, we will choose the appropriate peel to achieve the maximum results. Post-Procedure Kit included.
5x Peel Program
- This program allows you to purchase 5 customized chemical peels at a discounted price. You also receive two post procedure kits with this program.
6% Pure Retinol Peel
- Medical grade formulation from PCA that includes 6% pure retinol and additional antioxidants to reduce visible signs of aging including ne lines, wrinkles and hyperpigmentation. Dramatic and rapid skin rejuvenation. Post-Procedure Kit included.
- Begin with a dermaplane, followed by a chemical peel to allow for deeper penetration of the peel iteself.
- This facial "pick me up" leaves your skin rebalanced, regenerated, and restored. A chemical peel will be applied at the end of a facial that will leave you with significant results.
- A microneedle treatment creating small channels in the skin with a chemical peel to follow.
What To Expect
Your esthetician will cleanse and prep your skin. Then depending on your particular skin concern and condition, she will pick the appropriate peel that will be used that day. She will begin with the first layer of peel and continue on depending on your skin’s reaction and tolerability. During the treatment, you will experience a warm, tingling sensation and possibly stinging, but your discomfort should be mild. A fan will be used between layers to help cool the skin down. After the appropriate layers have been applied, the esthetician will apply corrective serums, moisturizers, and sunscreen suitable to your skin condition. The overall treatment can take 20-30 minutes.
Post-Procedure Skin Peel Treatments
For two days post-procedure:
Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
- Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms or saunas.
- Do not go swimming
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration
- Do not use loofahs or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
- After receiving a PCA SKIN® professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to “peel”. However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to 12 hours post-procedure.
- As with all peels and treatments, it is recommended that makeup not be applied the day of treatment, as it is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight; however, makeup may be applied 15 minutes after the treatment if desired.
- To minimize side effects and maximize results use the Post-Procedure Solution for three to five days or until flaking has resolved.
- If the skin feels tight, apply ReBalance for normal to oily skin types or Silkcoat® Balm for drier skin types to moisturize as needed.
- Moisturizer should be applied at least twice a day, but can be applied more frequently for hydration and to decrease the appearance of flaking.
- It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxy acid products not be applied to the skin seven days post-procedure, as they may cause irritation.
- It is recommended to delay use of Tretinoin, Retin-A,® Differin,® Renova,® Tazorac,® Avage,® EpiDuo™ or Ziana® five days post-procedure. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat. Always wear a Broad Spectrum Sunscreen (even if it is cloudy)
- Do not go to a tanning bed for at least two weeks post-procedure. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and signs of aging.
- Do not pick or pull on any loosening or peeling skin. This could potentially cause hyperpigmentation.
- Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately five days
Glycolic acid will dehydrate skin and make pores larger after extended use. PCA uses lactic and citric acids which are skin-friendly because they are natural constituents of your skin. PCA peels are unique because they are moisturizing and hydrating and leave your skin fresh, soft and supple, the way it wants to be!
There is little to no downtime whatsoever with PCA chemical peels. You can actually receive a peel on your lunch hour and return to work. You will be shiny and possibly show signs of redness but it will not stop you from doing what you need to do. During the time of peeling you may not want people to see you but you can physically do anything you need.
Most patients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation
Everyone’s experience will be different. However, on an average, you will see flaking by day two or three following the treatment. It is possible to see flaking for up to five or six days. With all PCA peels, only light to medium exfoliation will be experienced.
If your skin is dry and thin, often there is a buildup of dead cells that actually keeps your home care products from penetrating. Having a retinol treatment will remove the surface buildup, hydrate the skin and give it a plumper, “thicker” appearance. The use of Vitamin C products in the treatment, as well as in your home care program, will help to build the collagen in your skin, thus making it stronger and more durable.
Before and After Photos