Botox and Fillers
Our Houston Botox/Dysport treatment is a fast, safe and convenient cosmetic procedure that temporarily inhibits muscle contraction under the skin to give it a smoother appearance while reducing or eliminating wrinkles quickly with a treatment usually being performed in as little as 10 minutes.
Botox is most commonly injected into the skin of the face or neck, creating a younger, plumper look and addressing concerns like lines, wrinkles, volume loss and sagging, with your untreated muscles still working normally, so you still maintain natural expressions.
The results can be seen almost immediately and typically last three to four months, Botox is typically more subtle than surgery giving a more natural solution to any skin aging concerns.
Our Houston Botox procedure requires little to no special preparations for an injection, without an extensive recovery time following a procedure you can return to your regular activities quickly, which is why Botox is often referred to as the “lunch hour facelift.”
Concerns about fine lines and wrinkles you may have are usually attributed to these factors:
- Loss of collagen
- Free radicals from the sun and the environment
- Repeated muscle contractions from
- • Frowning
- • Laugh/smile lines
- • Raising eyebrows
- • Squinting
Where can you get Botox?
The most popular use of Botox for Houston clients is in the facial muscles.
By relaxing different facial muscles – from the forehead to the neck – wrinkles can be minimized, resulting in the smoothing of the overlying skin
Our Houston Botox treatments can be injected to:
- Upper face:
- • Frown lines (between eyebrows)
- • Forehead lines
- • Top of the nose (bunny lines)
- • Eyebrows/hooded eyes
- • Wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- • Under the eyes (tear trough)
- Lower Face:
- • Lipstick lines (around the mouth)
- • Chin (to prevent dimpling)
- • Jawline & Neck
- • Jaw Angle (teeth grinding — bruxism)
If you want to rejuvenate your skin without undergoing any aggressive surgical procedures, a dermal filler may be your best option.
Dermal fillers are increasing in popularity because they are safer, easier and far less expensive than surgery. You can easily regain the youthful vitality of your skin after just one treatment, and the effects can last for months.
A dermal filler is an injectable solution that fills the soft tissue under the skin. Dermal fillers are ideal for filling in creases and lines, plumping up the lips and cheeks, and enhancing facial contours. While there are a number of different dermal fillers on the market including Juvederm, at New Look Houston we make sure that we are always up to date on the industry standards and will only use the best available!
A Derma Filler is a smooth, crystal-clear gel administered by injection, thus, replenishing volume in areas of the face where loss has occurred.
The majority of our Houston dermal fillers and lip fillers are made of (HA)-a natural substance in the skin that:
- Delivers nutrients
- Helps the skin retain moisture
- Adds volume
Naturally with time, changes to our facial structure can occur.
This is caused by:
- Loss of fat
- Loss of (HA) hyaluronic acid
- Weight gain
- Exposure to the sun and the environment
- Our friend-Gravity
Fillers can be injected in:
- Under Eye
- Nasal Folds (laugh lines)
Botox: $13 / unit
Dysport: $5.20 / unit
$550 – Ultra
$550 – Ultra Plus
$750 – Voluma
$700 – Vollure
$550 – Volbella
$699 – Restylane
$699 – Refyne
$699 – Defyne
$599 – Lyft
$599 – Silk
First, a consultation with our nurse aesthetician is scheduled in one of our private consultation rooms.
During this face-to-face consultation, our experienced injector/aesthetician will provide a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs and based on your facial analysis and health history.
A thorough health history is obtained from an upper provider such as a Nurse Practitioner, a Physician Assistant or a Physician via telemedicine or face to face consult before any treatment can be performed.
What to expect from Botox
For some patients receiving Botox injections has been reported to feel a lot like a pinch, this varies depending on the patient.
The most common botox side effects at injection sites include:
You may begin to notice a visible smoothing of lines within 24 to 48 hours, with results that can last up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines.
These injectables are not a permanent treatment. If you discontinue treatment the moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines will gradually return to a pre-treatment state.
After your consultation with our nurse aesthetician, they will recommend a treatment plan that is best suited to you, which will be dependent duration, the amount required, and facial movement.
There are many types of fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma etc. most of these are made of (HA) hyaluronic acid.
These fillers are administered after the injection site is numb using numbing cream or other distraction tools. This helps minimize and reduce the “pinch” feeling.
With fillers, changes are noted immediately. Swelling may occur and this is normal. Typically swelling inflammation subsides within 24-48 hours given injection site and type of filler.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE GETTING BOTOX
- Alcohol: Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages at least 24 hours prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising)
- Avoid: Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible for a period of 2 weeks before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Special Day: Schedule your Dermal Filler and Botox appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation. Results from the Dermal Filler and Botox injections will take approximately 4 to 7 days to appear. Also bruising and swelling may be apparent in that time period.
- Discontinue Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment.
- Reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- Health History: If you have a history of cold sores please let us know, an anti-viral medication prior to treatment can be prescribed.
- Food: Be sure to have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment.
- Pregnant: You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are prone to bruising or swelling taking Arnica tablets 48 hours prior to injections helps the healing process.
After Care Instruction for Botox Injections
- After your treatment you can resume your day.
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 3 hours following treatment. Do NOT receive facial/ laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are not sure about the time frame of certain services.
- Rest: Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment. This will prevent the Botox from tracking into the orbit of your eye and causing drooping eyelid.
- Results: It can take approximately 4 to 7 days for results to be seen. If the desired result is not seen after 2 weeks of your treatment you may need additional Botox. You are charged for the amount of product used. Therefore, you will be charged for a product used during any touch-up or subsequent appointments.
- Exercise: Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 6 hours after treatment. This will keep the Botox in the injected area and not elsewhere.
- Be Gentle: When washing your face within the 1st 24 hours, GENTLY scrub.
- For Discomfort: You may take Tylenol.
- Side Effects: bruising and swelling are normal, applying topical Arnica cream/gel can help reduce the appearance.
After Care Instructions for Fillers
- Exercise: Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Fun in the sun: Avoid extensive sun or heat for 72 hours.
- Drinking: Avoid consuming excess amounts of alcohol or salts to avoid excess swelling.
- Sleeping: Try to sleep face up and slightly elevated if you experience swelling.
- Love it or hate it: Do NOT love or hate your results immediately, swelling and bruising are noted mostly in the First 24-48 hours. However, swelling may last more than others. Modification (if needed) can be done when swelling and bruising subsides.
- Be Gentle: When washing your face within the 1st 24 hours, GENTLY scrub.
- Side Effects: bruising and swelling are normal, applying topical Arnica/ice/ Benadryl can help reduce the appearance.
- Pain: ice the area that’s filled to help minimize swelling. Use Tylenol for discomfort.
- Swelling: If swelling is uncomfortable and lasts more than 72 hours please contact healthcare provider FIRST.
- Warm compresses MAY be applied (must be advised by healthcare provider first)
- Massage: Do not touch/massage the treated area unless directed to by HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
What is Botox and how does it work?
Botulinum toxin, is a natural, purified protein that is used to temporarily relax facial muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to treat medical conditions such as hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). Botox is the original and best-known brand name and the most tested product on the market. It is the result of many decades of studies and has been used extensively in medicine. It is the safest product, and it is certified in the medical and cosmetic field.
What does botox treatment involve?
While there is no real downtime associated with this treatment, it is important to note that you may encounter some slight bruising and swelling directly after treatment, due to the needle. This can easily be masked by makeup. There are no long-term side effects of having wrinkle injections, meaning patients can resume their usual activities straight away, and can also fly post-treatment.
Who should get Botox?
This treatment can be used on a wide range of patients, and is primarily used for skin rejuvenation and the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Botox is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines, for ex., between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) for a short period of time. It can also be injected into the area around the side of the eyes to improve the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines.
Who should avoid Botox?
Those who have medical conditions, such as damaged nerves or muscle complaints, should disclose this information during consultation, to avoid any complications. Treatment is not advisable for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. While there are no clinical studies to show that the injection is harmful to the baby or mother, medical professionals advise against having treatment under these circumstances.
What is juvederm?
JUVÉDERM® is the #1 selling collection of hyaluronic acid fillers in the US. Each product in the JUVÉDERM® collection of fillers adds volume to a different area of the face – without surgery. All JUVÉDERM® fillers are a smooth, crystal-clear gel that are administered by injection.
Where is juvederm used?
Different formulations are approved to either lift cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines or plump the lips. The results are subtle and long lasting.
JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth in adults over the age of 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
JUVÉDERM® XC smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC adds fullness and plumps lips as well as soothes and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults.
When will I see results from Botox?
You will see results immediately!
How long does Botox last?
Results vary for each patient, but can last anywhere from six months to a year.
Are there any reasons I should NOT receive Juvederm injectable fillers?
Do not receive JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers if you have a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (Gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVÉDERM® injectable gel fillers.