Our esthetician will cleanse and prepare the skin prior to the treatment. A sterile surgical blade will then be used and stroked at a 45-degree angle against the skin. This process can take 10-20 minutes. Once complete a moisturizer and sunscreen will be applied.
- Please discontinue products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) 24-48 hours before treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post-treatment.
- Your provider will recommend appropriate products to help enhance results and/or minimize potential side effects.
- You may experience slight redness and swelling, which should resolve within 24 hours.
- Mineral makeup can be worn immediately following treatment.
- Avoid heat, saunas, hot tubs and sweaty activity for 24 hours; this includes the exercise of any kind.
- Avoid products containing any exfoliating agents (retinoic acid, retinol, tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, astringents, etc.) for 24 hours after treatment.
- You may resume your regular skin care routine 24 hours after treatment.