Will my facial hair grow back coarse?
No, Unlike terminal hair such as that on the head, underarms & legs; vellus hair grows back at the same rate and texture as before.
Is there any downtime?
Dermaplaning is one of the best methods of exfoliation that has zero downtime - a major plus. Some clients experience mild erythema (superficial reddening of the skin), but it subsides quickly. Besides that, and the radiant skin recently achieved, no one would ever know a service was rendered.
What are the benefits of dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers of the skin, making it an excellent add-on to a variety of facial treatments. Dermaplaning also helps soften the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimize the appearance of pores, improve elasticity and texture and allow makeup to be applied flawlessly.
What’s the difference between dermaplaning and shaving?
- Dermaplaning is more aggressive than shaving.
- Dermaplaning uses a surgical, disposable blade reducing the chance of skin infections.
- Dermaplaning cannot be performed at home.
- Dermaplaning blades are singular, whereas razors are usually stacked with 2-3 blades.
- Dermaplaning is a skin rejuvenation treatment intended to remove dead skin cells and improve fine lines, wrinkles, and improve skin tone and texture.
- Dermaplaning should not be used to get rid of terminal hair (such as beard hair).